The assessment process for the University of Tennessee QEP allows for an effective measure of student learning and engagement in experiential learning opportunities.
Depending on the experiential learning initiative, certain assessments are needed to complete the official QEP assessment process:
- Pre-Experience Student Survey is disseminated electronically to faculty to distribute to students during the first weeks of the semester. Students will have one week to complete the survey.
- Post-Experience Student Survey is disseminated electronically to faculty to distribute to students during the final weeks of the semester. Students will have one week to complete the survey.
- Faculty Surveys are distributed electronically to faculty for them to complete in the final weeks of the semester. Faculty will have one week to complete the survey.
- The Direct Assessment is disseminated electronically to faculty for them to evaluate each participating student after the course/program is completed. Faculty will have two weeks to complete the assessment.
- Faculty Focus Group will take place after the semester is completed. Faculty will be notified of the date after the Direct Assessments have been disseminated.
All assessments are submitted electronically through Qualtrics.
For recipients of the Faculty-Staff-Student Support Grant, a participant survey is disseminated electronically to the recipient for them to distribute to all relevant students participating in the experiential learning opportunity.
Results for each student survey will be provided to faculty during the semester. Results for the faculty survey, faculty focus group, and the direct assessments will be aggregated and available upon request.
The following table is a guide to help identify what assessments are needed from each reoccurring QEP initiative, program, and workshop. Each identified assessment in the table will be provided by the Assessment Coordinator for the Experience Learning Initiative.
|Initiatives||Direct Assessment||Student Surveys||Faculty Survey||Faculty Focus Group|
|Smart Communities Initiative||X||X||X||X|
*Only one participant survey is administered at the end of the learning experience.